McKibbin Media Group’s Ashley Smith recently shared with the MAB the digital efforts of the company’s Jackson radio stations during the COVID-19 pandemic:
These efforts include: COVID-19 Information Center: https://www.wkhm.com/2020/03/19/wkhm-covid-19-information-center/.
- Features a listing of “still open” and recently reopened businesses and restaurants at no charge
- Provides latest news coverage from the state and local levels
In addition to a live stream and mobile app, the WKHM-FM Morning Show is now broadcast live on the company’s Facebook Page every morning as well, recognizing a shift in listenership from traditional radio to digital formats during this unique time.
During the quarantine period while news was rapidly changing, the company interrupted our regular programming with a “Factual COVID-19 Update” at the top of every hour on all 4 of Jackson stations with the latest info.
- Senior Salutes – WKHM-FM allowed our listeners to submit pictures of their high school seniors to be displayed with a custom message online, and they also read these messages over the air: https://www.k1053.com/k105-3-high-school-senior-salutes/.
- Tribute to Frontline Workers – Encouraging listeners to submit pictures of frontline workers they know, showing them some much-deserved appreciation: https://www.wkhm.com/2020/04/24/tribute-to-frontline-workers/
- “Jackson Stays Home” Podcast Miniseries: our K105.3 Morning Show host, Scott Clow, interviewed some local individuals on how COVID-19 has affected them: https://www.wkhm.com/jacksonstayshome/.
The MAB says congratulations to McKibbin Media, another Michigan Broadcaster proudly serving their community!