The Greatest Hits: Digital Tips for Radio Broadcasters Navigating the Pandemic
By: Seth Resler
Jacobs Media Strategies
Radio broadcasters spent much of 2020 learning to adapt to new working conditions. Over time, we gradually got the hang of it. But as we head into 2021, we’re looking at more of the same — at least for the next several months. So, just in case you missed it, here are some of last year’s best digital tips for radio stations riding out the remainder of the pandemic:
Working from Home:
- Digital Tools to Help Your Radio Station’s Staff Work Remotely
- A shopping list for on-air personalities working from home
- 5 Digital Things You Can Do to Make Your Life Easier
- How Radio Broadcasters Can Reduce Stress When They Have Too Much to Do
Fostering Community with the Audience:
- How Your Radio Station Can Host a Virtual Happy Hour
- How to Use Your Radio Station’s Blog to Spotlight Local Businesses and Artists During the Pandemic
- How radio broadcasters can show gratitude
- A Technique for Finding and Sharing Local Content
- Blog topic formulas for the pandemic
Livestreaming and Video:
- Livestreaming Video 101: An Introduction for Radio Broadcasters (Webinar Recording)
- Livestreaming Options for Radio Air Talent: Zoom vs. BeLive vs. StreamYard
- 9 Factors to Consider When Livestreaming Video to Social Media
- 14 Things Radio Broadcasters Should Pay Attention to When Creating Videos
- A Quick and Dirty Way to Make Animated Livestreaming Video Bumpers
Mistakes to Avoid:
- Digital “Don’ts” for Radio in the Age of Coronavirus
- As public discourse becomes divisive, take the time to review your station’s social media policy
- Your Radio Station Needs a Digital Succession Plan
- Rethinking Radio Website Design in the Age of Coronavirus
Keep the Revenue Flowing:
- How to Rewrite Your Radio Station’s “Advertise With Us” Webpage for the Pandemic
- Radio, Beware the Sushi Menu Approach to Sales
- The Way Radio Thinks About Digital Makes It Harder to Sell
- Webinars Can Help Radio Stations Generate Leads During the Pandemic
- Branded Podcasts: A Revenue Opportunity for Radio (Webinar Recording)
For the Unemployed:
- You’re a Radio DJ. You’ve Lost Your Job. How to Take Control of Your Online Presence
- Four Skills Unemployed Radio Broadcasters Should Develop
- What Are The Most Important Skills When Hiring Radio Talent?
- Add yourself to our online talent directory!
- Is There Life After Radio?
With 2020 in the rearview mirror, let’s hope that the worst will soon be behind us. I wish you all the best for 2021.
For more assistance on digital or social media, contact MAB Member Services at email@example.com or 1-800-968-7622.
Editor’s Note: The views and opinions of this article do not necessarily reflect those of the MAB. Contact the MAB for information on the MAB’s official editorial policy.