By: Seth Resler
Jacobs Media Strategies
When I speak to radio broadcasters about pulling all of their different digital tools together into a coherent Content Market Strategy, I am usually talking to people in the programming department who want to reach more listeners. But Content Marketing is also an effective strategy for the radio sales team looking to generate more leads. This short video explains:
To generate leads, your radio station needs to create content. This content can take many forms: white papers, webinars, videos, blogposts, even events such as luncheons. In fact, once you create a piece of content, it’s easy to repurpose it in a number of different forms.
When conceptualizing content to generate sales leads, divide it into three categories:
- Early Stage Content: This is content aimed at potential clients who are just beginning to think about advertising, and haven’t even decided what mediums to use yet. They may not have a budget established at this point, so they may be doing their initial research.
- Mid-Stage Content: This content is created for potential clients who have decided that they are ready to advertise, and are now deciding what mediums to use and how much to spend on each. They’re still comparing radio, print, television, outdoor and digital.
- Late Stage Content: This is content for advertisers that are close to signing on the dotted line. At this point, they’ve decided that they’re going to advertise on the radio and they’re just trying to figure out which stations to use. They may be evaluating different programs from different stations.
By watching which types of content people access, you can get a sense of where they are in the buying cycle. This lets you know how to best follow up with them.
But what should that content actually be? Here are ten ideas to get you started…
1) Checklist: Is Your Business Ready to Advertise on the Radio?
2) Finding the Right Marketing Mix: Comparing the Advantages and Disadvantages at Different Advertising Mediums
3) Radio Advertising 101: A Guide for Local Businesses
4) A Guide to Understanding the Nielsen Ratings
5) Beyond the Commercials: How to Create Effective Marketing Campaigns Using All the Tools That Radio Stations Have to Offer
6) How to Determine an Effective Budget for Radio Advertising
7) Target Demographics: How to Choose the Right Radio Station to Reach Your Customers
8) 10 Questions to Ask Your Radio Salesperson
9) How to Write an Effective Radio Commercial
10) Common Mistakes Radio Advertisers Make (And How to Avoid Them)
Lead Generation Guide
For more information on how to create content to generate sales leads for your radio station, download our guide, How to Create Content That Generates Sales Leads.
You may also want to watch our webinar on the topic.
For more assistance on digital or social media, contact MAB Member Services at email@example.com or 1-800-968-7622.
Editor’s Note: The views and opinions of this article do not necessarily reflect those of the MAB. Contact the MAB for information on the MAB’s official editorial policy.