WHLS to 'Rock the Rescue'
August 12, 2022
Liggett Communication's WHLS-AM/FM (Port Huron) aka Rock 105.5 is teaming up with the Blue Water Area Humane Society and several local businesses for Rockin' the Rescue, a day-long fundraising and awareness event to take place at the McMorran Plaza in Downtown Port Huron. Rock 105.5 personality Brad Biewer will broadcast live from inside a dog kennel on Thursday August 18 from 10 a.m. to 5p.m. to collect donations for the local shelter.
"We wanted to find a way for the station to give back to the community. Everyone involved in this event cares very deeply about animals, so we decided that the Blue Water Area Humane society would be the perfect organization to raise money for,” said Biewer. “Since we're an alternative rock station, we like to have fun and push things as over-the-top as we can. Not only is it attention grabbing, but hopefully people will come out to see me locked in the cage and that will lead to them making a donation.”
Rock 105.5 will also be selling t-shirts during the event for $25 with all proceeds going towards the humane society. Additionally, donations of pet supplies such as cat chow, long lasting dog chews, bleach, and unscented cat litter will be collected. Rockin' the Rescue is made possible by the following sponsors:
- A Day Away Spa, accepting donations and giving 10% of all gift certificate and retail purchases.
- First Response Roofing and Construction, donating a custom doghouse that will be raffled off.
- Great Clips of Fort Gratiot and Port Huron, accepting donations at their locations August 15th -17th and will give an additional donation for each donation received.
- St. Clair Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram, donating $50 for every car sold until August 18th.
- Insurance Specialists Agency of Marysville.
More information on Rockin' the Rescue can be found online at www.rock1055.com.